Hey, this blog is about our AEP SIA (art elective program self initiated asessment----inclusive of the blog and a exhibition in our school...NYGH!!!) and our theme is OUR DESIRE.



We'll upload pictures that we have done for our exhibition as well as our research and sketches and stuff (basically the preps for the final project i think...), feel free to browse and tell your friends about it so we can be FAMOUS!!! Muahahaha~~~~!!! XD



~The craziest group in 201 (Akuma, Itachi, Komui, and me, Lero!!!><)



Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Walk in Art: Itachi



I have named my drawing: A Walk in Art


My twelve-year-old drawings were the first in the set of 3. It depicts a horse running and it was one of my most intelligent drawings. But what I wanted to show was not really and literally the horse running, but actually, the skills. I remember at that point in time, all I cared about was using lines and contours to create texture, shadows and movement. The subject matter that I drew were mostly real life- such as horses, tigers, dogs, leopards and more horses. That could have been consider the realism period of my life.

The second of the 3 is a drawing I did when I was thirteen. It depicts 2 people a guy and a girl dressed in olden day clothes and the girl’s reflection becomes a guy. In this drawing, I have started to experiment with compositions and my drawing style has changed into a simpler and more cartoon-ish kind of style, yet the use of lines is still quite evident. In this drawing, the lines are more bold and more well-though out.

The last of this set is a drawing I did when I was fourteen. It depicts a few different people. In this drawing, I have also further experimented with a more complex composition. The drawing style has again changed, with the lines being more swift and sharp, than bold and clear. I have used a slightly more messy style of lines to depict texture again and combined the mordern and cartoon style with the realism style I developed 2 years back.

This set of paintings inexplicitly show the different mindsets I had for different periods in time and what are my desires. The first show my desire to completely and correctly depict nature as I see it. The second and third hints at attempts to break free of the traditional imitation of nature as my skill for drawing grows and I try to infuse my own light hearted perspective into my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment